Monday 22 June 2009

Nocto Loco 6

You little...

I have it! (or so I think). I remembered that the digital multimeter could be used to test continuity. Setting the dial on the meter to the sounder function, the two pointers can be targeted on certain areas of the circuit to see if power runs though the fx pedal, if so then it bleeps!


With this in mind and wanting to test that the octave and pulse switches are soldered to the PCB board (as previously mentioned there were issues with solder sucking), so by reviewing the circuitry I had an idea where each point was connected to and thus placed one pointer on one point and t'other on, well, t'other. In doing so, the majority of points showed up as continuous and she seems to have found the culprit!

I will solder a new wire between said points on the circuit board and then test again.

No comments: