Saturday 8 January 2011

Isn't it funny how things come to pass...

...and in this case, this morning, it was a narrow boat passing by our windows!

Yes that is right, breaking through the ice. The guy who was moored next to us had been waiting for the opportune moment to get moving and as the sun was shining with glee early on, today appears the perfect day. So we no longer have sheets of ice next to us but small icebergs floating up and down in the breeze. How delightful to have flowing water again.

It also amuses me that once again as I walk down the length of the boat, I can't quite get my balance as the boat gently rocks and I will fall about from side to side, unable yet to grasp the physics once again. Feel's like I've only just moved on!

So there we have it, broken ice, a pathway through. Maybe we will brave it too.

No comments: