Thursday 8 December 2011

Birmingham Winter

A month since my last blog post and we are still at the same mooring point in Birmingham, Cuckoo Wharf in Aston.


I'm rather enjoying Birmingham overall. The narrow canals carry their history as they weave under dark brick bridges. It has such an industrial landscape surrounded by Scalextric roads and people live dotted between the industry. Transport is great, with three train stations within the center. My favorite being Moor Hill station with the Chiltern service.


I'm getting into the Festive spirit these days too, spending time at the Christmas market in Birmingham's centre. I've spent a bit of time inside one or two of the wooden huts selling jewelry and bespoke knitted goods.


I do in fact write this from Nottingham as I now have a 'proper' job and am living a double city life at the moment; weekends in Brum on the boat; mid weeks in Nottingham in a house. It's all very strange and I'm having a culture shock but coping just fine in the same token. I am looking forward to the spring-time moment we un-tie the ropes, cuddle on the stern deck and head off into the countryside again but City living is a survival mechanism I guess. Just how it is.






No comments: