Friday 24 February 2012

Walking in Beeston


Today I decided to take a walk. There is an easy 2 mile route circling the canal and river section in Beeston, just opposite our mooring. I decided to get some fresh air and take the camera along.


I crossed the Turnover Bridge...




And took note of the old post where the ropes from the horses pulling boats have worn stripes around it.


I strolled along towards the lock and turned right behind the lock keepers's house, to the weir. There was a strong breeze throwing spray at me and it was beginning to rain.


The river looked fierce with it's flowing currents.


Further round the path the river appeared calmer, almost serene.


I passed an old tree...


and a tree-swing.


I reached a junction in the path and took the shorter route back towards the canal.


The other route follows the river towards West Bridgeford. It was a long, straight stretch back to the canal.


Another left turn and I ended up back at the Turnover Bridge.

No comments: