Sunday 29 April 2012

Poetry: chalk works

I have been wanting to try out some outdoor poetry ideas that have been percolating of late. So with a few pieces of chalk in my pocket and camera on my back I found some places in Beeston to sketch my ideas.




In between
the two of us
you may find
the secret of
the universe.







I watch you and
try to reason.




Often







By the fast flowing river Trent I discovered some tree scarring that has taken place...






I saw this little fella and couldn't resist...




Plump stump


Along the trail by the river, a pathway has been made edged with small wooden fencing, I thought it would be ideal for a short piece...




Rivers wide, carries breath to the tide.


I made these pieces influenced by the surroundings and thoughts which bubbled up at the time. Using chalk was a quick solution, it won't be permanent and would probably wash away in all the rain today. I wonder if anyone might have discovered the pieces, especially those first poems in the hedge.

No comments: