Wednesday 11 July 2012

Delia on Derbyshire


I conducted a brief interview with Delia Derbyshire on the county of Derbyshire.

Delia, tell me about Derbyshire...

I've skirted the county on my boating travels and have found the rolling hills very easy on the eye. I have been informed that the Peak District has a superb landscape, which I am keen to explore. I experienced a lot of love in the canal area of the county, and would often be greeted on the towpath and welcomed into people's gardens. I'm sure this is quite the same within the Peaks.

Your name seems familiar, can you tell me more?

I was originally born and raised in Wollaton, Nottingham and was known as Rocky. However, I was saved from an over-crowded household and spent my formative years in Carrington, Nottingham where I learnt to climb the curtains and the trees. During this time, I was renamed Delia Derbyshire a rather quaint name indeed. I was named after an electronic pioneer who worked in the BBC's Radiophonic Workshop. She was rather beautiful, weird and wise. In cat form, I like to think I am much the same and will often walk across the laptops around the home to see what wonderful sounds I can create in my four legged wake.

I hear you maybe relocating to Derbyshire, can you elaborate?

Between you, me and the bowl of sardines I can reveal that yes my paws shall be exploring the area of Matlock in the very near future. Quite honestly it sends a shiver down my fur as I realise I am being called home.

Delia Derbyshire, I would just like to say thank you for your time. And in the name of the pioneer Delia Derbyshire, may your sonic explorations live on!

2 comments:

Tui said...

:D

gg said...

cool! I really wanted to know more about this good looking cat named Delia! ;)