Thursday 12 February 2009

Nocto Loco 1


Purchased by Leigh, I now have in my mits Nocto Loco by makers 4ms pedals. It is a right, grimey pedal that can drive the input sound down several octaves and frequency shift to make a truely dirty noise. Marvellous. It came as a kit with all the parts illustrated above to fix onto the PC board and house in a tidy aluminium box.

I had just organised all the bits and began with the IC chips when it occured to me that there didn't seem to be enough points on the PC board for the other chips (or so I thought). Turns out that the IC chips aren't to be soldered (oops) direct to the board but to solder the IC sockets (that's what they are!) and simply pop the chips on top to protect them. The word 'dufus' springs to mind.

So lesson learnt the costly and hard way. Still this will not hold me down I am sourcing a supplier for the IC chips as we speak and will, sooner than the snow stops, be back on track for making the Nocto Loco ready for the next musical meltdown of Molten Gods!

No comments: