Wednesday 10 March 2010

Knitty Bitty



After a while away from the needles I decided I would have a look for a good start up book on knitting. Leigh's mum had lent me one previously which allowed me to learn the basics, casting on, binding off, knit, purl, patterns, and cabling, but without this aid I was a little lost as to how to even begin. Watersotnes had a good collection and so I went for one entitled "Knitting in no time" by Melody Griffiths. It has a section at the back dedicated to the above basics with good illustrations and this was a great reminder.

The book has 50 quick-ish projects, some are ghastly, some are great, to get the clickty-clacks going again it is absolutly fine overall. Pictured above is my first creation from the book. A knitted mini-bag from left overs. I realised that I had cut the handle 1 mtr too short after I made it and Leigh suggested it would make a fine clutch bag for my little niece (aged 5) who dresses like she is in the pink army. I do agree.

Well, with the movement of knitting again back at my finger-tips the next project begins with a skinny scarf from Monday's wool, Debbie Bliss's Baby cashmerino in a lovely orange.

No comments: