Monday 21 March 2011

Face the fear and do it anyway

I decided to do it today. Even though I haven't got all things in place that I would like, I decided to sell from the boat.


I had spoken of this before to those close and it seemed like a grand idea but considering the following it wasn't the right time. For example, the boat doesn't look very attractive, who would want to buy something from a battered looking boat?! There are obvious issues regarding BW and businesses on the cut and finally what exactly would I sell?

But today I took my brothers advice and scared of all the above, I thought I would give it a go with some baking and selling my produce.

So the morning began with Muffins and after hearing the radio 4 woman's hour going on about the 'cupcake' fad, I decided on selling my muffins in cases as cupcakes.


The blackboard in the kitchen came in very handy and the muffins awaited their recipients.


Delia kept watch for cake thieves...


and the muffins saw people stop and look and pass on by...

After a while of the cakes being outside and still uneaten it seemed only right that Leigh and I should crack into them before they went stale.

So there we have it. I tried and will try again at the weekend when there will hopefully be more walkers by.

I also decided to have a go at making a bracelet/corsage inspired by the floristry classes I work in. I threaded a selection of leaves - including Ivy and others collected from the hedgerow, with copper wire and added a daffodil (a real sign of spring!) then wrapped it around my wrist using fine green wool (Rowan's kidsilk haze - left over from MB's birthday scarf). The wired leaves are bent to curve around my wrist and frame the shape of the piece.




This could be worn at a celebration, like a wedding or just because spring is pretty much bloody well here!

2 comments:

tui said...

I would have had at least two cakes if I had passed by such a thing :)

Amanda said...

Ah thanks for your kindness Tui! xx