Sunday 13 March 2011

The month of March


Little Delia Derbyshire sat in the Brighton window. An adventure for her and us as we travelled down to visit family and friends late in February.

And when we returned to our narrow home, we made a move back to the lovely little town of Atherstone for ease of access. Although mooring by fields far away from towns is delightful, the towpath had become a muddy slippery path to the closest road and carrying things to and fro was becoming a bit of an issue.

So here we have been for a week now...


it's just 5 minutes to the shop, post-office, train station, market, cash-point. Easy stuff.

Leigh has been making some new fenders for the boat with lovely chain and covers to protect the hull. They look professional and should be less likely to drop off and disappear as we move through locks and along new routes.



After a giggle on the phone with a lovely little niece, I was asked to make a drawing of a fairy and post it to her. So I kept my word and last night gathered paper, a rubber and a pencil and reminded myself how much I enjoy drawing...




I thought I would add some colour and after the move aboard, all I now have are some second hand watercolours. Unfortunately I only have cartridge paper but thought I would still give it a go. I'm sure mum will tell me all about the need for watercolour paper after hearing about this!!



The final spot of good news is that the paint job we have lined up has been moved forward to 28th March! So I will keep you all up to date with the progress of this.

No comments: