Thursday 29 July 2010

Air head Thursday

With the ending of full-time work, I am in a state of unemployment, living in full, leisure time to the extreme and oh my, how much can I recommend a spell out of the employment world! The only odd thing is that unless I pick up a paper or reach for my diary what day of the week it is and what is happening in life seems to disappear like a seed in the wind. It is refreshing and a little disturbing and the repeats on radio 4 don't help at all when I realise I know what is coming next in the debate, deja vu it is again and again.

The wonderful aspects are that I am finally spending quality time on the boat, with Leigh and Delia. I am finally a full-time resident, not just a visitor as it often felt, sleeping away from home. We are able to undertake all the little jobs that have been piling up, fixing that screw in place, necessary cleaning up, making our black board for the kitchen (for all the lists of things...), painting, making decisions and looking ahead. I am desperate to share our images, as I've been snapping away at the growing up swans, who are set to loose their grey fluff soon, etc etc.

Still, we have no internet and not alot of money either so will the two come together again? I'm not sure. But we are all alive and well, keeping fed and warm, so the limited technical access is only a small smudge in the creative flow.

Other news to report is that Delia fell in, again, fifth time. Will she learn? Good question.

I've taken up the knitting needles and made a lovely skinny scarf in burnt amber. And I still can't circular knit. I'm planning on buying a butane soldering iron so i'm not relying on 240Volts as this is too restrictive with the current electrical system on the boat. Then I can finally build my delay pedal sat looking at me on the shelf.

Leigh is badgering me to go, there is only so long we can sit in a cafe nursing a cuppa each!

Until the next time on The Kite Experiment....

No comments: