Saturday 17 March 2012

DIY garden

I started on the project of a raised garden bed for the boat today. With the help of Leigh's engineering skills, we worked out a plan...


I have no budget for this and so have been hunting about for things to use. In the utility room, I found a strong plank of wood from Dad which after half an hour of sawing into two, has become the foundation of the piece. We had some old wooden shelves left over from our land-living days which came in useful.


With a little trimming down, these shelves made a perfect base and will be used for the sides too.


Tomorrow, I plan to drill and screw the pieces into place and will have a completed frame by the end of the day. My next considerations are: the liner (tarpaulin or trying to find something like pond liner), the polytunnel (poundland one or trying to find some corrugated plastic) and the soil (I might just have to take a spoon full of soil from each area as we cruise along, failing that payday is at the end of the month!).

No comments: