Sunday 25 March 2012

Underway with DIY

Of late I have been having fun and games with our lovely tool kit and paint pots. I have finally got round to painting in the bedroom and gave the bow doors a sand down and fresh coat of white. I have been using 'bathroom' paint which is perfect for the changing temperatures and humidity on the boat.


I have been using my favourite investment, the powerdrill, to make holes in the battons and base of the raised garden bed.


I have assembled and then disassembled the base as things ended up a little crooked and I don't have a plane to take of the slight overhanging edge of the base panels. Fortunately, however, after talking to Papa Bear this fine evening, I can borrow his plane when I next visit. Horrah for Papa!


I am very much a novice at woodwork, having not had a lot of practice and I realised the other day, I have to be in the right frame of mind to tackle this project. And like the wise man says; measure and measure again. In addition, I have noticed that if I had a pound for every time a guy made a comment to me whilst I have been doing this DIY outside, I would be living on a gold plated boat!

No comments: