Wednesday 21 March 2012

Stepping into spring!

The spring equinox has arrived and the days are beaming full of bright goodness. Ahhh... we made it through our second winter living aboard pretty much unscathed.


The early mornings over the past few days have been delightful. During breakfast I have watched the waterfoul go about their business including a swan sleeping on what I think is her nest. We have a lovely view from the many windows of lime green willow trees swaying gently and dried reeds that reflect in the mirrored water like architectural monuments.

I am reading the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield on the free bus to and from work and I am finding it truly inspiring. It was a book lent to me by a lovely lady who I find to be on the same page. It uplifts my mood, brings the goodness out and I find, balances the motions of paid work.

In the hour before the sun went down today, I got out the workbench, tape measure, power drill and pencil and set about measuring up and drilling the holes in the foundation batons and base of the raised garden bed. These pieces are now ready to be screwed together with some hefty brass screws I have. My vision for a garden afloat is coming together.

I've got some time off work this weekend and I am hoping we will go cruising, to get out of Nottingham and feel the breeze in our hair. Where to? Well, I'm wondering about heading out on the river towards Lincoln...

No comments: