Sunday 21 February 2010

Cake baking


Leigh had mentioned a desire for Victoria Sponge cake and I had never attempet to make one of these so there was my challenge! It is a surprisingly easy cake to make. We had to purchase a couple of baking tins and went for a couple about 15cm in diameter. I followed a simple recipe found online here. I jammed around a bit with the amounts but that's chemistry I guess! Unfortunately our oven doesn't have air flow so our sponges were a little over done on the bottom, but still very tasty! Whisking the double cream to stiffness ready for sandwiching was quite a task, alas I am no Popeye and had to call in the assistance of Leigh. The two sponges were sandwiched with strawberry jam and freshly whisked cream and dusted with icing sugar. It was lovely, a highly recommended baking session for all!

No comments: