Monday 25 July 2011

Food glorious food


Today I have spent most of the day in the galley. Down to our final few pounds until pay day, we are working out what we can make with what we have left in the cupboards. A loaf of bread will cost in the region of £1.30, so instead I made a loaf with ingredients we already have but which cost no more than 35p. plus 20minutes worth of gas so lets say 55p in total. Bargin. And it tastes lovely too.


With a genius invention by Leigh, using our new, huge, 'found' umbrella, we decided to collect some more fruits from the trees overhanging the towpath. I have finally surmised that the fruits in question are Damsons. So with me waving the bargepole high into the branches and Leigh with the upturned umbrella, we gathered about 3lb's of fruit.

After a bit of deliberation of what we should do, I ventured into the world of jam making. This is how it went...














No comments: