Wednesday 27 July 2011

Little bit of knitting

I got up today with great ambitions. To start and complete the engine bay rust treatment and paint-work. To collect my jars from the box I left at the local recycling centre. To make more jam for the many requests I am getting. And to do everything else that was needed to be done. Leigh gently pointed out my irrational busying around and grumpiness and here we are again, it is that time of the month that I get a bit manic.

So, I gave in, tidied up the pots of paint, brushes, tools and cloths and got into some more comfy, less paint splattered attire. Sitting down to a movie has hit the spot and now I thought I'd do something more gentle, creative and that's been waiting for me to be more sedate - knitting.

I've been meaning to make a set of booties for a friend's baby since I found out about it. The little-un is out and about so now is a good time to do it. I found this lovely pattern some time ago and thought I'd give it a bash. I managed to borrow the skinny needles I need to do them from a beautiful friend and so am set to go. I've decided to use a ball of wool I had left over from a scarf, bright orange!


Here goes...

No comments: